Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Anti-Hero

Since my last post, I've continued to work on my lighting style.  I have been struggling with the narrative, but the technique is improving every time I try a new set up. Check it out.

When I first began to conceptualize my project, my dear friend Jack turner was the first person that came to mind. Jack is the epitome of class. GQ through and through. He was fortunate enough to let me photograph him this week. The pictures came out exactly as I had envisioned.




I photographed Jack at BlueSky studios. A fantastic rental space in the Dogpatch neighborhood of SF. This is "The Grid". It is a series of panels and robotics connected to Profoto D4 power packs. The best part is, you control the entire thing via iPad. Awesome technology. Check out the videos and walk through at BlueSky's Grid site.


Here are some other lighting tests I was working on, featuring two colleagues of mine.

Devin Begley. His site HERE



David Bush. His site HERE.


My first attempt at a composite, ever. I have a LONG way to go.








1 comment:

  1. You are seriously an amazing photographer. Crazy talent. :)

    ReplyDelete